Sunday, June 1, 2014

I Am Enough

For years, decades even, I have been walking down a path in my life that does not directly correlate to the things that I am passionate about. And when I say "things that I am passionate about", I am referring to the things that are the core of my soul - the things that define who I am by no one else's definition but my own. 

My passions, while important, have always played a supporting role to whatever was going on in my life. I have allowed myself to fore go realizing my dreams for a variety of reasons - well, let's be honest here - they are not reasons, they are excuses. Whatever I choose to call them, the end result is the same. By choosing NOT to realize the dreams that I have for myself, I am living in a constant state of disconnect. And this disconnect has started to manifest itself in me physically and mentally I am exhausted. 

I recently forced myself to take ownership of the poor choices that I have made that have lead me to this point in my life, specifically in my career. When I invest so much of my time and energy every day engaging in things that do not fulfill me, it should be of no surprise that I feel so unsatisfied and invalidated.

This week, I fought the demons inside my head on this issue and gave myself permission to do the things that I love. I eliminated a huge obstacle to making that happen - with no safety net in place. I'm trusting my gut and surrendering to the process of exploring my passions and though the path ahead of me is uncertain, I am committing to living more in line with what my soul desires. 

I have never given myself this opportunity on this kind of level before. I am both excited and terrified at the same time, and it sways back and forth frequently throughout the day. For those of you who have been in the same position as I am, or for those of you who are currently fulfilling your passions every day, I would love it if you shared your journey with me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment