Wednesday, May 7, 2014

52 Days And Counting


Wedding planning is in full swing here in the Opheikens-Browning household. And when I say that it's in full swing, I mean that we are both desperately scrambling to get the things done that we know how to do and to outsource the things that we don't know how to do. We are both very good procrastinators. But, we have solicited the help of some really great friends and family to whittle down the wedding check lists. The good news is that we have been able to get a lot done and my little pyro-Ginger gets to burn things with her new wood burner. Life is good. 

It occurred to me that I only have 52 days left of being Mande Opheikens. After I say I do - I become Mande Browning. I'm swirling around emotionally in the tail end of an epic era - Mande Opheikens is a pretty bad ass name. MO will be missed, that is for sure. But long live MB. I've been practicing my new signature and the transition from the w to the n has left me completely stumped. No matter what I do, it never seems to look right. And for me, or anyone that is as obsessed with their handwriting as I am, that's a pretty big deal. It's funny how much my signature has changed. How much I have changed. I look around sometimes at my life and wonder how I got here. What did I do in a past life to get so lucky? I have everything that I've ever wanted or asked for and yet my heart and my soul are still full of so much happiness and hope for the future. For our future together. Being in love with Danielle has proven to me that it's never too late to find your happy place. She is my happy place and I cannot wait to be married to her. 

Sincerely,
Simply Smitten in San Rafael


1 comment:

  1. I am a very lucky girl. I can't wait to make you MB. Thank you for giving me everything that I have ever needed or wanted. I am looking forward to 6/28.

    ReplyDelete