Sunday, August 1, 2010

Why have a list?

How this is going to work…
For the past 30 years I have failed to ‘live in the moment’. Looking back, I admit that I am full of regret, but the hardest part of admitting something like this is coupling it with the fact that I have no one to blame but myself. Throughout my life I have been blessed with good health. I have amazing family and friends who love and support me. I have been given plenty of opportunities to do something great with my life. I’ve simply chosen not to. No matter what the reason may be, admitting to yourself that you haven’t lived the life that you truly want is a hard pill to swallow.

Right now, I’m at a unique point in my life where I can learn from the mistakes that I made as a twenty-something and make better decisions about how I want to live my life as a thirty-something. The only thing that I need to make it happen is a second chance to do all of those things that I would have done if I simply chose to do them.

With that, I give you “The Do-Over List”. Each item has a specific reason why it’s important for me to do. As I cross the items off the list I plan on sharing why they are important for me to complete, what my experience was while completing the item, and what lesson I learned throughout the entire process.

Join me in this unique journey and remember that no matter what has happened in your life, each new day is your chance for a ‘do-over’. You just have to take advantage of the opportunities that you’re given.

XXOO

Mand’e

No comments:

Post a Comment